[Tinyos-help] Deluge/TelosB: Can't Ping the node and Inject the application

Krisakorn Rerkrai kre at mobnets.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Mar 21 08:25:55 PST 2005

Hi all,
      I've successfully compiled and installed the GoldenImage into my
motes(telosb). Also, I got
a correct LED sequence as mentioned in the manual section 2.3.  I had
problems when I tried
to ping the node and inject the application.
These are what I already did:
1. installed GoldenImage on all nodes (i have 2)
2. Serial Forwarder is running on the node connected to PC
3. Blink app is modified as written in the manual and compiled

*Results*
_Ping
_$ java net.tinyos.tools.Deluge --ping
Openning connection to node ...
Connection to node established ...
Pinging node ...
Pinging node ...
Pinging node ...
Pinging node ...
Pinging node ...

# it never stops

_Inject_
$ java net.tinyos.tools.Deluge --inject --ihexfile
build/telosb/main.ihex --img
num 0
Reading file: build/telosb/main.ihex
Read complete: (Bytes=23112,Sections=2)
Deluge image stats: (Size=23184,Pages=21,Pkts=1008)
Openning connection to node ...
Connection to node established ...
# this hangs...

# Also tried the solution on Jan 13 message
(http://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-help/2005-January/007303.html)

$ java net.tinyos.deluge.Deluge --inject --ihexfile build/telosb/ --imgnum 1
usage: java net.tinyos.tools.Deluge <action> [options]
  actions are:
   -p,  --ping            : ping status of node
   -i,  --inject          : inject a binary
   -r,  --reboot          : send reboot command
   -e,  --erase           : erase an object
   -d,  --dump            : dumps data injected to node
  options are:
   -ti, --tosimage=<xml>  : tos_image.xml file (program images)
   -in, --imgnum=<num>    : image num
   -v,  --verbose         : print all sent/received msgs
   -h,  --help            : print this message

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Krisakorn