[Tinyos-help] Battery life time

Aswath Kumar M maswath at cedt.iisc.ernet.in
Sun Mar 20 22:56:07 PST 2005

Hi,

I am using mica2 motes and running an application using LEPS multi-hop
routing. I need to extend the battery life time.

I am using mica2 motes and running an application using LEPS multi-hop
routing. The application's data rate is one packet for every 5 minutes.
I am using MDA300 board and I have connected two soil moisture probes
(ECH2O).

I have enabled the HPLPowerManagement and have set the listening and
transmit modes to 'Mode 3' (SetTransmitMode(3) and SetListeningMode(3)).

With the above settings, the batteries work for about 4-5 days. I need
to extend the battery life time.

I have also observed that, the motes during sleep enter into IDLE SLEEP
mode, which consumes about 3.3 mA. I would like to bring the motes to
POWER_DOWN SLEEP mode.

Could any one suggest me, how can I bring the motes to power-down mode
and hence increase the battery life time?

Regards,
Aswath kumar