[Tinyos-help] TinyOS runs only on Berkeley Motes ???

Joe Polastre joe.polastre at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 19:00:27 PST 2005

A platform is a collection of hardware components.  Any other
platforms that contain chips on current platforms should run with
minimal changes (ie, if you were to combine a CC1000 transceiver (as
in the mica2) with a msp430 microcontroller (as in telos and eyes)).

Last count, TinyOS runs on avr, msp430, pic, arm, zeevo, and xscale.
I'm sure there's others that I missed.  Radios include cc1000, cc2420,
nordic, and zeevo.

To get TinyOS working on a new platform, you'll need to put the "glue"
in between the different chips so that they can interact.  This part
of the development has been discussed a few times, you can try
searching the tinyos mailing list for "porting", "platform", and
"hardware.h".

-Joe