[Tinyos-help] Online power consumption

Pavan E. pavan_edara at iitb.ac.in
Fri Mar 18 11:50:47 PST 2005

Hi,

I am simulating an energy aware sensing application in TOSSIM.
I want to know whether there is some way of knowing the power
consumed by a mote, within the mote itself. i.e. can a mote be aware of
how much power it is consuming, or how much battery power it has
remaining?

I found some postings referring to ADC port 7 as some battery
voltage/power reading, but do not know how to use it in my application.

For example, I want a module which I can wire up to my application
module, and by an exchange of upcalls/downcalls to this module, get the
remaining power OR power consumed for the mote as a whole.

Thanks,
Pavan Edara