[Tinyos-help] Surge_Reliable message format

Thorsten Frunzke th.frunzke at gmx.de
Thu Mar 17 08:44:47 PST 2005

Hi,

This is the general structure of a Surge packet:
    TOSMsg
       MultiHopMsg
           SurgeMsg

So the beginning of the TOS_Msg data payload field is the first variable
of the MultiHopMsg struct and  the first byte of the MultiHopMsg data
payload is the first variable of the SurgeMsg struct. You can find the
exact structures here:

TOS_Msg : /opt/tinyos-1.x/tos/types/AM.h
MultiHop_Msg : /opt/tinyos-1.x/tos/lib/Route/MultiHop.h
Surge_Msg : /opt/tinyos-1.x/contrib/xbow/apps/Surge_Reliable/Surge.h

All the conversion equations can be found in
/contrib/xbow/apps/src/xlisten/xconvert.c and some sensor specific
equations in /contrib/xbow/apps/src/xlisten/boards/<sensorboard_xy>.c
-Maybe you need to download the latest version from here:
http://www.xbow.com/Support/Support_pdf_files/Xbow.tgz

There are also text versions of the equations for each sensor in these
manuals:
http://www.xbow.com/Support/Support_pdf_files/MTSMDA_Series_User_Manual_7430-0020-03_A.pdf
http://www.xbow.com/Support/Support_pdf_files/MPR-MIB_Series_User_Manual_7430-0021-06_A.pdf

best regards