[Tinyos-help] HW Production and manufacturing

Jim Fred jim.fred at verizon.net
Fri Mar 18 07:56:33 PST 2005

>... overages of less than 5%
I've worked for inefficient companies and maybe picked up bad habits. One
reason a company might purchase more is for better pricing. There's of
course a trade-off between the cost of idle raw materials vs. the cost of
purchasing small quantities.

>...purchase more than they need?
It's more like adding on to their orders. It would save some time locating
vendors and purchasing parts. For example, the inductors for the radio on
the mica2dot design or the crystals - it takes a little time to locate
vendors and get pricing for each part and there's a slight risk that the
part chosen will not work.