[Tinyos-help] Deluge GoldenImage compilation __eplm_inline error

Sriram Rajan sr153 at ra.msstate.edu
Thu Mar 17 19:59:20 PST 2005

I am trying to compile the GoldenImage application in tinyos 1.10 CVS
version. Somewhere, I was required to install avr-libc 1.0.4 for Deluge. I
installed the avr-libc 1.0.5 that was the only one available at

Since then, the GoldenImage application fails to compile for mica2.

-----Output from Cygwin Window ------------------
-----(line breaks may appear out of order)-------

Sriram at suchitra /opt/tinyos-1.x/apps/TestDEluge/GoldenImage
$ make mica2
mkdir -p build/mica2
    compiling GoldenImageWriter to a mica2 binary
ncc -o build/mica2/main.exe -Os -I./include -DDELUGE_GOLDEN_IMAGE
-finline-limit=100000 -I%T/lib/Deluge -I%T/lib/Deluge/TOSBoot/include
-Wall -Wsh
adow -DDEF_TOS_AM_GROUP=0x7d -Wnesc-all -target=mica2
pp.c -board=micasb -DTOSH_MAX_TASKS_LOG2=7
7f002331L -DIDENT_UNIX_TIME=0x423a4f8dL GoldenImageWriter.nc -lm
GoldenImageWriterM.nc: In function `fillBuf':
GoldenImageWriterM.nc:76: implicit declaration of function `__elpm_inline'
make: *** [exe0] Error 1

Sriram at suchitra /opt/tinyos-1.x/apps/TestDEluge/GoldenImage

Solutions tried
1. Searched archives and did not find relevant results.

2. I tried to force install  tinyos-1.1.9 where I last ad it working,
without much success.

3. I located the function __eplm_inline(x) in include folder in
GoldenImage directory in file GoldenImageWriter_mica2.

 44  #define  GIW_GET_BYTE(x) (__elpm_inline(x))

The declaration in The file GoldenImageWriter.nc was as follows:

 76          buf[curBufPtr++] = GIW_GET_BYTE(base + (offset-target));

There was no __eplm_inline function anywhere significant in my entire
Tinyos distribution (used grep with find from root directory).

4. I downloaded all of the Deluge and GoldenImage files from the CVS
repository and updated the exisitng files to the most current versions.

Even these would not work.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing in this issue.

Thank you.