[Tinyos-help] help! for tinyos installation manually

Chung-Ching Shen ccshen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 08:47:15 PST 2005

Hi,

I am already using cygwin before installing tinyos and don't want to
reinstall the cygwin again by installing tinyos packages. Therefore, I
choose to install tinyos manually. I already checked out tinyos-1.x tree
from CVS, installed mspgcc on the root, and compiled nesc-1.1.2b but I
am wondering if I need to copy the files: ncc, nescc, nesc1.exe, ...etc
to /usr/local/bin directory after nesc-1.1.2b compilation. Or what else
files I need to put under which directories? After I finished the steps
above, it appeared that I can successfully compile an application by
using "make pc", "make mica" but error messages, which shows as follows,
appeared by typing "make telos".

/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/../LOCALS~1/Temp/ccJxm1PJ.s: Assembler messages:
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/../LOCALS~1/Temp/ccJxm1PJ.s:343: Error: unrecognized s
mbol type ""
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/../LOCALS~1/Temp/ccJxm1PJ.s:343: Error: junk at end of
line, first unrecognized character is `$'
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/../LOCALS~1/Temp/ccJxm1PJ.s:347: Error: unknown opcode
`timerm$settimer:'
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/../LOCALS~1/Temp/ccJxm1PJ.s:349: Error: unknown pseudo
op: `.l__framesize_timerm'

I am wondering if there is something wrong for my installation here.
Thanks very much for your replies.

Chungching