[Tinyos-help] SerialForwarder - No comm ports found

Kristin Wright l.kristin.wright at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:48:01 PST 2005

Maybe this is on my brain because the previous message I wrote was
about it, but ensure that the java that is being found on your system
is the one installed under tinyos (do 'which java'). This has been the
case for me when the getenv.DLL wasn't found.

Next thing to check: do you have the tinyos-tools rpm installed? Check
for this by typing 'rpm -qa' which lists all the rpms on your system
installed by the rpm program. tinyos-tools installs getenv.dll, uisp,
locate-jre and some other important things. If you don't have this
rpm, you can download it from the tinyos distribution dirs:
http://www.tinyos.net/dist-1.1.0/tinyos/windows/tinyos-tools-1.1.0-1.cygwin.i386.rpm

Incidentally,  locate-jre is installed into /usr/local/bin.

-kw