[Tinyos-help] is it right way measuring energy consumption using power tossim?

nxiao at cs.ucr.edu nxiao at cs.ucr.edu
Thu Mar 10 16:45:36 PST 2005


Hi guys,
I put code to blink green led 1000 times but it shows the energy
consumption for LED is exactly same with blinking it once.

I guess it is because the power tossim does not measure the excution time
of code either, like tossim.

But if I modify code to blink green, red, yellow reds 1000 times for each
one, then the consumption for LED part is exactly tripled.

Nan





> Send Tinyos-help mailing list submissions to
> 	tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	tinyos-help-request at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	tinyos-help-owner at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Tinyos-help digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Questions about Telo's HumidityProtocolM (Joe Polastre)
>    2. Re: build-mspgcc build fails (Joe Polastre)
>    3. Re: build-mspgcc build fails (S?bastien Taylor)
>    4. Re: Reg MIB600ca. (Vlasios Tsiatsis)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:19:45 -0800
> From: Joe Polastre <joe.polastre at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] Questions about Telo's HumidityProtocolM
> To: Yuxin Xia <xiaryx at mit.edu>
> Cc: tinyos-help at millennium.berkeley.edu
> Message-ID: <1edd46e705031011193334ea2c at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>
> The Humidity and Temperature sensors are in the same module.
> HumidityProtocolM is responsible for the protocol and pin operations,
> whereas HumidityM performs the data collection.
>
> If you call HumidityC.Humidity.getData() you only get the humidity
> reading.  Likewise, HumidityC.Temp.getData() only gives the
> temperature reading.
>
> -Joe
>
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:19:15 -0500, Yuxin Xia <xiaryx at mit.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    I am trying to rewrite the code for telos to only store and send
>> temperature
>> data from SHT11 to the base station. I am working based on the
>> Oscilloscope
>> application, and have came upon HumidityProtocolM in the telos folder,
>> which I
>> believe does the actual data processing. However, I am not sure if it is
>> possible to seperate the temperature data processing from humidity data
>> processing. For example, when it calls HUMIDITY_GET_DATA,
>> HUMIDITY_SET_DATA(),
>> and HUMIDITY_MAKE_DATA_INPUT(), is it getting both Humidity and
>> Temperature
>> data? Thanks.
>>
>> Sincerely yours,
>> Robert Xia
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Tinyos-help mailing list
>> Tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>> http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:21:48 -0800
> From: Joe Polastre <joe.polastre at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] build-mspgcc build fails
> To: S?bastien Taylor <sebastient at otii.com>
> Cc: tinyos-help at millennium.berkeley.edu
> Message-ID: <1edd46e70503101121175344a9 at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> No, not really.  2.15 doesn't support the latest MSP430
> microcontrollers, and thus won't be able to compile for telosb (you
> can try 'make telosb' and I'll bet it fails with an 'unknown
> microcontroller' reading).  What we can do is grab a "known good"
> weekly snapshot instead of the most recent snapshot.
>
> The problem is that binutils is updated so infrequently that we have
> to use a more recent version than 2.15 in order to be able to compile
> for telosb, eyes, and other platforms using the more sophisticated
> msp430 microcontrollers.
>
> -Joe
>
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:31:51 -0700, Sébastien Taylor
> <sebastient at otii.com> wrote:
>> Answering my own question here a bit, but it seems that the problem is
>> with the latest snapshot of binutils.  Using version 2.15 instead of
>> the snapshot was able to build everything, including a telos Blink app.
>>
>> It would be a good idea to have the script build from a known working
>> binutils instead of the weekly snapshot.
>>
>> Le 05-03-10, à 08:51, Sébastien Taylor a écrit :
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Is there a known issue with the build-mspgcc script from the 1.1.11
>> > release of tinyos?  On my fedora 3 (32bit) system the build fails with
>> > the following:
>> >
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S: Assembler messages:
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:11: Error: junk `(r1)' after expression
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:11: Error: too many memory references for `sub'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:12: Error: no such instruction: `subc 4(r1),r13'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:13: Error: no such instruction: `subc 6(r1),r14'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:14: Error: no such instruction: `subc 8(r1),r15'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:16: Error: no such instruction: `tst r15'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:16: Error: invalid character '<' in mnemonic
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:19: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `mov'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:22: Error: no such instruction: `bis r12,r14'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:22: Error: no such instruction: `check if zero'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:23: Error: no such instruction: `bis r13,r15'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:24: Error: no such instruction: `bis r14,r15'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:25: Error: no such instruction: `tst r15'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:26: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `je'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:26: Error: junk `or or105ng all nibbles10' after expression
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:26: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `test'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:27: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `mov'
>> > /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>> > libgcc.S:30: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `mov'
>> >
>> >
>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>> > Sébastien Taylor
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Tinyos-help mailing list
>> > Tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>> > http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Tinyos-help mailing list
>> Tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>> http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:31:42 -0700
> From: S?bastien Taylor <sebastient at otii.com>
> Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] build-mspgcc build fails
> To: polastre at cs.berkeley.edu
> Cc: tinyos-help at millennium.berkeley.edu
> Message-ID: <3e7fd367cb6ba577ade3c001865e0013 at otii.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> I see, never tried telosb.  I'm using an msp430x448 so I didn't notice
> the problem with telosb.
>
> Do you know what the latest "known good" binutils are?
>
>
> Le 05-03-10, à 12:21, Joe Polastre a écrit :
>
>> No, not really.  2.15 doesn't support the latest MSP430
>> microcontrollers, and thus won't be able to compile for telosb (you
>> can try 'make telosb' and I'll bet it fails with an 'unknown
>> microcontroller' reading).  What we can do is grab a "known good"
>> weekly snapshot instead of the most recent snapshot.
>>
>> The problem is that binutils is updated so infrequently that we have
>> to use a more recent version than 2.15 in order to be able to compile
>> for telosb, eyes, and other platforms using the more sophisticated
>> msp430 microcontrollers.
>>
>> -Joe
>>
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:31:51 -0700, Sébastien Taylor
>> <sebastient at otii.com> wrote:
>>> Answering my own question here a bit, but it seems that the problem is
>>> with the latest snapshot of binutils.  Using version 2.15 instead of
>>> the snapshot was able to build everything, including a telos Blink
>>> app.
>>>
>>> It would be a good idea to have the script build from a known working
>>> binutils instead of the weekly snapshot.
>>>
>>> Le 05-03-10, à 08:51, Sébastien Taylor a écrit :
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> Is there a known issue with the build-mspgcc script from the 1.1.11
>>>> release of tinyos?  On my fedora 3 (32bit) system the build fails
>>>> with
>>>> the following:
>>>>
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S: Assembler messages:
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:11: Error: junk `(r1)' after expression
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:11: Error: too many memory references for `sub'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:12: Error: no such instruction: `subc 4(r1),r13'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:13: Error: no such instruction: `subc 6(r1),r14'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:14: Error: no such instruction: `subc 8(r1),r15'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:16: Error: no such instruction: `tst r15'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:16: Error: invalid character '<' in mnemonic
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:19: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `mov'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:22: Error: no such instruction: `bis r12,r14'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:22: Error: no such instruction: `check if zero'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:23: Error: no such instruction: `bis r13,r15'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:24: Error: no such instruction: `bis r14,r15'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:25: Error: no such instruction: `tst r15'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:26: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `je'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:26: Error: junk `or or105ng all nibbles10' after expression
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:26: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `test'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:27: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `mov'
>>>> /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/src/mspgcc/build/gcc-3.2.3/gcc/config/msp430/
>>>> libgcc.S:30: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `mov'
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>>>> Sébastien Taylor
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Tinyos-help mailing list
>>>> Tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>>>> http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Tinyos-help mailing list
>>> Tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>>> http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
>>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:49:25 -0800 (PST)
> From: Vlasios Tsiatsis <tsiatsis at ee.ucla.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] Reg MIB600ca.
> To: "Lakshmi Narasimhan. S" <sulakshm at student.utdallas.edu>
> Cc: tinyos-help at millennium.berkeley.edu
> Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.4.58.0503101131490.9784 at centauri.ee.ucla.edu>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
>
> Take a look below...
>
> vlassis
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Lakshmi Narasimhan. S wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Vlasios Tsiatsis wrote:
>>
>> > If you have a DHCP server on the LAN where the MIB600 sits, it should
>> get
>> > an IP address from the DHCP server. If you want to make sure that
>> _you_
>> > know the IP address that the board got, just add a static binding on
>> the
>> > DHCP server if you have access to it.
>>
>> I dont have access to the DHCP server. So I think this option
>> is currently ruled out.
>>
>> >
>> > I had some problems with the utility that is supposed to set the IP
>> > address of the board and my DHCP server logs didn't show any activity
>> > coming from the ethernet board . Then i discovered that the board had
>> a
>> > static IP (192.168.0.100) and this made it refuse to send any DHCP
>> requests.
>> > So i just made my PC be in two subnets using IP aliasing (my lab
>> > subnet and the 192.168.0.* subnet) and i could use it.
>>
>>
>> Could you tell me how to go about doing this in windows XP?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Lakshmi Narasimhan
>
> I did it on a Linux machine but i tried it on a WinXP and it worked.
> Here is how to make your WinXP ehternet be part of two subnets at the same
> time.
> Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections, choose the connection for your
> ethernet device, right click -> Properties.
> Choose the TCP/IP properties and you should have a static IP on your
> machine. It doesn't work if your machine gets the address from a DHCP
> server. Anyway if you have a static IP click Advanced and then on the IP
> address table do Add and add an IP in the 192.168.0.* subnet such as
> 192.168.0.2.
>
> i hope it helps,
> vlassis
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>> >
>> > I also have the following question: Is there a way to tell the board
>> that
>> > from now on it should work as a DHCP client or have a static IP ?
>> >
>> > I hope this helps,
>> > vlassis
>> >
>> >
>> > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Lakshmi Narasimhan. S wrote:
>> >
>> > > Hi all!
>> > > I am just starting to use the MIB600 and am having problems.
>> > > I read through the archives but am unable to assign ip address
>> > > to MIB600.
>> > >
>> > > Can anyone please point out what could be wrong?
>> > >
>> > > 1. I connected MIB600 to the ethernet using RJ45.
>> > > 2. Connect a machine with (Device installer) in the same LAN.
>> > > 3. do a search, (should it list all the machines in the LAN?).
>> > >    I get "no devices found".
>> > > 4. if i use "assign ip" and give the mac address that is pasted
>> > >    on the mib600 (xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx) then it says no such
>> > >    device exists.
>> > >
>> > > How do I see this device? And assign ip?
>> > >
>> > > Please let me know.
>> > >
>> > > Thanks
>> > > Lakshmi Narasimhan
>> > > _______________________________________________
>> > > Tinyos-help mailing list
>> > > Tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>> > > http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> _______________________________________________
>> Tinyos-help mailing list
>> Tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
>> http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
>>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Tinyos-help mailing list
> Tinyos-help at Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
> http://mail.Millennium.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/tinyos-help
>
>
> End of Tinyos-help Digest, Vol 23, Issue 26
> *******************************************
>




More information about the Tinyos-help mailing list