[Tinyos-help] Reg MIB600ca.

Vlasios Tsiatsis tsiatsis at ee.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 10 11:49:25 PST 2005

Take a look below...

vlassis

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Lakshmi Narasimhan. S wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Vlasios Tsiatsis wrote:
>
> > If you have a DHCP server on the LAN where the MIB600 sits, it should get
> > an IP address from the DHCP server. If you want to make sure that _you_
> > know the IP address that the board got, just add a static binding on the
> > DHCP server if you have access to it.
>
> I dont have access to the DHCP server. So I think this option
> is currently ruled out.
>

> > I had some problems with the utility that is supposed to set the IP
> > address of the board and my DHCP server logs didn't show any activity
> > coming from the ethernet board . Then i discovered that the board had a
> > static IP (192.168.0.100) and this made it refuse to send any DHCP requests.
> > So i just made my PC be in two subnets using IP aliasing (my lab
> > subnet and the 192.168.0.* subnet) and i could use it.
>

> Could you tell me how to go about doing this in windows XP?
>
> Thanks
> Lakshmi Narasimhan

I did it on a Linux machine but i tried it on a WinXP and it worked.
Here is how to make your WinXP ehternet be part of two subnets at the same
time.
Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections, choose the connection for your
ethernet device, right click -> Properties.
Choose the TCP/IP properties and you should have a static IP on your
machine. It doesn't work if your machine gets the address from a DHCP
server. Anyway if you have a static IP click Advanced and then on the IP
address table do Add and add an IP in the 192.168.0.* subnet such as
192.168.0.2.

i hope it helps,
vlassis