[Tinyos-help] Sense Application on xsm

Lin Gu lingu at cs.virginia.edu
Tue Mar 8 17:50:15 PST 2005

Hi, Abhishek

A major difference between mica2 and xsm motes is that
they have different sensors (different mag/microphone/PIR).
Blink can compile because it does not use any sensors.
If you try a sensing application, you may want to make
sure to use correct sensor drivers. A way to make
sure of it is to read build/xsm/app.c and look at the
wired file names.

As to the Sense application, I tend not to think it
is up-to-date enough to try xsm with. You may want
to find an xsm-compatible application. For example,
I think XSM's are shipped with a test application
make by CrossBow. If you get a complete tinyos-1.x
source tree from CVS, including the "contrib"
directory, you may find some useful applications
there (maybe in contrib/exscal?). I guess you can
also modify the Oscilloscope application to work
on xsm with some minor effort, given that you have
the correct drivers ready.

Have fun,

lin

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:03:44PM -0500, aasokan at kent.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I migrated from mica2 to xsm recently. Today I tried to run the Sense
> app on xsm's. But upon doing a "make xsm" I receive the error
>
> Sense.nc:48: component DemoSensorC not found
>
> Other apps such as Blink works fine for make xsm.
>
> Does anybody know how to fix this? I appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhishek

Lin Gu
Department of Computer Science