[Tinyos-help] Strange things in Compile time

Kristin Wright l.kristin.wright at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:34:19 PST 2005

Did you notice the very weird location for some directories nesc is looking in?:
>Known targets for TinyOS directory
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nesc-1.1 are:

That's almost surely wrong. So it looks as if something's wrong with
your nesc installation. Check your TOSDIR environment variable -- it
should point to the 'tos' directory of your tinyos source directory
(i.e., mine is set to /opt/tinyos-1.x/tos/). I'm guessing that you
want the newer make system and so you should ensure that MAKERULES is
set to point to /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/make/Makerules (for example --
your directory might differ). The TOSDIR environment variable, if it
isn't set elsewhere, is set at the top of the ncc script. Check that
out, too (do 'which ncc' to find the location -- usually
/usr/local/bin).

-kw