[Tinyos-help] Noise and RX power

Daniel Andrade Costa Silva daniacs at dcc.ufmg.br
Mon Mar 7 20:09:08 PST 2005

Hi all...

 reading the MPR-MIB manual, it says how to get the values of Battery and
potency that come from ADC:

Vbatt = Vref × ADC_FS / ADC_Count;
Vrssi = Vbatt x ADC_Counts / 1024; and
RSSI(dBm) = -50 x Vrssi - 45.5; (I use the 915MHz freq)

that is, the RSSI value depends on the battery value (that's what I got
from this).

---> Can I just get the RSSI value of noise or signal not depending
on the Battery value? On BMAC, how these values are handled (eg. when
radioState == PRETX_STATE, when ADC data is already ready, it compares
this data with the actual usSquelchVal value). Is there a formula to
convert these values (like CC1K_SquelchInit) to dBm without getting data
from ADC to measure voltage??

Almost forgot... what's the meaning of CC1K_SquelchBuffer (that is 0 on
Tiny-OS 1.1.7)?

Since now,
Thanks a lot!!!

Daniel Andrade Costa Silva