[Tinyos-help] Re: [imote] TOSBase for imote?

LEE, Yui-wah (Clement) leecy at dnrc.bell-labs.com
Mon Mar 7 13:48:15 PST 2005

My dear friends from the TinyOS community,

I have thought a little bit more about the issue, and would like to
see if someone can shed some more light on it.

Many TinyOS applications, including TOSBase and OscilloscopeRF, and
components, such as GenericComm, use directly or indirectly the
component called RadioCRCPacket, which is platform dependent.  So if
we can have port RadioCRCPacket to imote, then we can get all these
applications and components to work.  However, if I look at the
example codes that Intel gave, they use instead another component
called NetworkC (beta/platform/imote/NetworkC.nc). (RadioCRCPacket
provides the interfaces BareSendMsg and ReceiveMsg; NetworkC provides
the interfaces NetworkCommand and NetworkPacket -- the latter two
interfaces are imote specific.)  Does anyone know if there are any
reasons for that?  I am thinking of implementing an imote
RadioCRCPacket by using NetworkC as a reference.  But I am interested
to know why Intel was not doing that in the first place.

Thanks in advance!

Clement