[Tinyos-help] [imote] TOSBase for imote?

LEE, Yui-wah (Clement) leecy at dnrc.bell-labs.com
Mon Mar 7 11:38:45 PST 2005

Hi,

I need something similar to TOSBase for imote.  Does it already exist?
or we will need to program one?  If it is the latter case, what is the
easier path to get it done?

So far, what I have learnt are:

1. If I use directly the TOSBase in apps/ (this works for mica2 and
   other platforms), then it will use the component RadioCRCPacket.nc.
   There seems to be an imote-specific RadioCRCPacket (defined in
   beta/platform/imote/RadioCRCPacket.nc).  Unfortunately it uses a
   component called BTRadioM, but I could not find it in my directory
   (based on TinyOS 1.1.8).  I also goggled for "BTRadioM" or
   "BTRadioM.nc", but could not find any mentioning of them.  Does the
   imote-specific RadioCRCPacket.nc work?

2. There is an example in contrib/imote/apps/Accelerometer/ that seems
   to use BT as radio.  The radio component it uses, however, is
   "NetworkC" but not "RadioCRCPacket".  Does anyone know if this
   example app work or not?  Can I use it as an example to write an
   imote-specific TOSBase? (or an imote-specific RadioCRCPacket) Or
   should I use some other example app as the starting point or
   reference?

Any other comments in this general direction are welcome.  Thanks in
advance!

Clement