[Tinyos-help] Windows installation wizard: "postinstall" missing?

Kristin Wright l.kristin.wright at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:33:06 PST 2005

Yeah  -- this can be confusing.Check out the note in the Windows
installation instructions for the Wizard:

"Postinstall script not found: This is an informational message that
you can ignore (the postinstall script is available for OEMs to run
scripts after TinyOS installation)."

The postinstall functionality is brand new with this wizard and I
opted to keep this message in so that we knew if something went wrong
and, well, the postinstall script wasn't found when it really was
there. In your case, it's not because I don't think any OEMs have used
this yet. :)

In hindsight, I think it will cause more confusion than it's worth and
I've taken it out for future wizards.

If it's any consolation: it sounds as if your installation went fine.

-kw