[Tinyos-help] TOSSIM: Simulation stops

Philip Levis pal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 1 13:36:10 PST 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 1:00 PM, Pavan E. wrote:

> We are trying to simulate a temperature sensing application
> on TOSSIM. The motes start up and send each other messages.
> After some amount of time the simulation comes to an abrupt end.
> The GUI is still running and shows the message simulation stopped.
> (The time value on the top stops ticking). Could someone please
> give a reason why the simulation should stop at all?

Two reasons:

1) You have an infinite loop in your code (which causes TOSSIM to
block). Note that a reposting task can cause an infinite loop.

2) Your code has crashed TOSSIM by chasing a null pointer, etc.

I'd recommend just running TOSSIM, rather than using TinyViz, to find
out the problem. TinyViz provides very little insight or inspection on
what's going on in your program.

Phil

-------

"We shall not cease from exploration