[Tinyos-devel] FTSP testing result

Philip Levis pal at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 3 09:26:40 PST 2009

On Feb 3, 2009, at 7:40 AM, Thomas Schmid wrote:

> The current version of FTSP has a quantization bug in it while
> calculating the sum of squares. Therefore, the time synchronization
> error is always around +/- 4ms. I attached a patch to this email which
> fixes this. Not sure if this helps with your problems though.
>
> How does the topology of tutornet look like? are all the nodes within
> radio range of each other? Or how many neighbors are there on average?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas

Tutornet is a very challenging topology: it has very heavy, bursty
packet loss. This is because motes are connected to wireless PCs that
run OLSR; the nearby 200mW transmitters cause a lot of interference
for 1mW motes. This is why net2 tends to focus its evaluation on
Tutornet; it's by far the most dynamic and challenging network we've
come across.

Phil